Plants need a lot of sunlight in order to grow strong and healthy. As a result, trying to grow crops indoors, under cover, in grow tents, or even in areas that are in shade the majority of the time, can be problematic without adequate levels of sunlight.
This is where grow lights step up to the plate. By emitting various wave lengths of light, grow lights are able to replicate the sun’s rays, encouraging fast and healthy growth.
To help you choose the best setup for your growing needs, we will be providing you with a side by side comparison of two of the world’s leading grow light brands, Mars Hydro and Viparspectra.
- 1 Viparspectra Grow Light Features
- 2 Mars Hydro Grow Light Features
- 3 Side By Side Comparison
- 4 Final Thoughts
Viparspectra Grow Light Features
Viparspectra has grown in popularity for their range of affordable, high-quality LED grow lights. They are able to keep their costs down as they directly markets themselves, unlike their competitors who rely on distributors and re-sellers to sell their products.
Through more than 10 years of research and development, they have learnt to customize their light spectrum to promote optimized plant growth and increased yields, while consuming less energy.
Standard Design Features for Viparspectra’s Range of Grow Lights
Here are some of the standard features found across the Viparspectra’s range of products:
- LED angle: 990
- Input Voltage Range: 100-240V AC
- Frequency range: 50-60Hz
- Warranty: 3 years
- Lifespan: 100,000 hours
- Product lines include: dimmers, reflectors, and timer controllers.
- Additional features: hanging kit, 4.72-inch fans.
- Epileds and Bridgelux components are used in combination to produce high-quality end products.
- Spectral ranges across: 440nm, 460nm, 580nm, 615nm, 660nm, and 730nm (infrared).
- They feature a heat sink and self-cooling fan system. The fans measure 4.72 inches, and each is designed with its heat sink to enhance heat dissipation.
- Low-energy consumption.
- Their affordability makes them well suited for competent and beginner growers.
- The extended 3-year warranty, includes a 30-day repair, money back, or product exchange policy.
Mars Hydro Grow Light Features
Mars Hydro offer a wide fixture range that spans from 400 to 1600 watts. This vast range allows Mars Hydro grow lights to cater for a wide variety of plants, vegetables and flowers.
Their sturdy designs and well built products, have made Mars Hydro grow lights, some of the most durable and dependable systems available on the market today.
Some of their units are available in a more compact size when compared to most of their competitors. This means that many Mars Hydro grow lights could be well suited for even the most limited growing space.
Standard Design Features for Mars Hygro’s Range of Grow Lights
- Power consumption range: 100-220V
- Highly energy efficiency
- Warranty: 1 – 3 year
- Lifespan: 50,000 hours
- Mars Hydro is renowned for their reliability.
- Units use 100% authentic LED grow lights with a full spectrum ratio.
- Mars Hydro uses internal fans and heat sinks for efficient temperature control.
- They are reasonably affordable.
- They use energy efficiently.
- Mars Hydro also provides top-quality customer service through their service center based in California.
Side By Side Comparison
Not every unit produced by these brands are exactly the same size or wattage. To get around this, we have compared the closest comparable units that we could find. In our eyes, this provides a fair and reasonable comparison, as the units shown would most likely be used for similar size growing spaces.
1) Viparspectra Reflector V300 300W vs Mars Hydro 240W Reflector Series
2) Viparspectra V450 450 Watt vs Mars Hydro Reflector 480W
3) Viparspectra 600W vs Mars Hydro Reflector 720W
4) Viparspectra 900W VS Mars Hydro 960W
As you can see in the above tables, both the Mars Hydro and the Viparspectra systems are neck and neck with one another, each having one advantage over the other.
Personally, what we would suggest, would be to base your choice on how you’re intending to use the grow lights.
For small scale production including personal use, or if you have a limited budget; the Viparspectra units would be your better option. They tend to be the cheapest of the two brands to buy and the small difference in power consumption will not be noticeable with only a few grow lights.
If you intend on using several grows lights, then the Mars Hydro units would be a better option for you. Yes there may be a larger initial outlay in purchasing the units, but the lower power consumption with save you money in the long run.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.